Pages

Followers

Wednesday, 15 June 2016

Midmonth Tutorial at Rhedd's Creative Spirit

         **********************************************                                   June challenge is HERE
         **********************************************
Hi all, it's Nanette here and I am  back with my mid month tutorial for Rhedd's Creative Spirit! 
Hope you are working on your challenge for June entry if you haven't already linked up with us!
I wanted to alter a bottle and was torn between painting and adding texture to a bottle or one of the many gorgeous ways I have seen you all alter your bottles when I came across a bottle that with some simple cut outs from the Stampington Co. free paper from a magazine would be perfect. Well, at least to me!

Here are the collage pages (forgot about the tutorial oops!):


 

I cut out all the pieces for the bottle and to make the adorable little pixie. I assembled her and cut the purple flower to fit her face for her hair.  I inked all the edges with Distress Ink Mowed Lawn.  I then added a metal flower with a brad in the center to attach to the top. The bottle had some awesome shiny gold on it so I left it and worked with it.  I want to fill it with some homemade bath salts in greens and gold for my bathroom shelf.  Really easy and I plan on making a bigger version of the pixie as an art doll so keep an eye out here for that.

And the finished bottle:



Now show us your altered art/mixed media ( you can find the link at the start of this post ) and let us visit your blog and leave you some love and be inspired by YOU!
Thanks for stopping by for my first tutorial at Rhedd's, Nanette xx


1 comment:

Michelle said...

Wow!! Loving this ! That pixie is cute :). I have a few bottles I'm hoarding... Ahem storing :D to alter at some point, I've only ever altered using paints many moons ago and wanting to use more mixed media, you've inspired me to give it a go. TFS xx