Pages

Followers

Monday, 15 February 2016

February tutorial by Sammy

                  ***********************************
                      February's Challenge is HERE
                  ***********************************


Hi all, Sammy here again with a tutorial for this crazy bird canvas.




First of all, I started with a plain white canvas (24x30cm), which I covered first with black Gesso, and then with some ideology tissue paper.



I just tore off strips of paper and stuck them on with Multi medium. A few bumps and extra layers aren’t a problem, as it all adds to the texture.
Tissue paper done, I got out the Distress paint and spray inks. I used Lindy’s metallic sprays for this.



I used my Stormy Sky paint though a stencil, and then sprayed with the copper spray. It has such a gorgeous finish. I just love it!



My next step was to make my tags. I made up three size 8 manila tags with Distress inks and paints, stencils and texture paste.





Then, I stamped and coloured my birds and added them to the tags with some extra embellishments, then mounted the tags on a piece of black card.



And then all I needed to do was add the panel to the canvas, add some letters, twine and charm, et voila!






And there it is! Are you as nutty about these Bird Crazy stamps as I am? Please do let me know what you make with them, or better still, come and enter our challenge so we can all see!

Have a fantabulous day!

Sammy-x

5 comments:

Riswana Fathima said...

Awesome textures & layout :) & yeah i so loveee these birds & yet to hav this stampset.!!!!

Lozzy T said...

Love it Sammy and great post...Hugs Lozzy x

Julie Short said...

Inspired thank You Sammy!

Toni said...

Sammy... this is so darn cute and your tutorial is great..

Priyanka Mathur said...

It's Awesome! Love the textures & crazy birds. Thanks for the wonderful tutorial :)