Pages

Followers

Monday, 1 June 2015

Our June Challenge

As always we were all blown away by your fabulous projects for our challenge last month...it's a treat to scroll through each one and visit your blogs...and a Big Thank You to all of you for supporting Rhedd's Challenges.....also a  Thank You to Pamellia for being our GDT.

I must announce our Winner for May's challenge,who was chosen by design team member Nanette and her winner is.....

                                       No.46...Laila aka Koneko2

Congratulations, such a wonderful entry, please grab your Winners Badge from our side bar.....
I would like to invite you to be our Guest Designer for July, if you would like to accept the offer please contact Sandie here   sandie.w@live.co.uk   and she will give you the details.

                     Our Guest Designer this month is Joi@RR 



Wow - the incredible Sandie and her fabulous design team have given me the SUPER FINE privilege of Guest Designer for June. Thanks Bunches to you all. 
I am Joi from Texas - known by most as Joi@RR because I do all my artwork here on the ranch.  At 62, I am a happily married, retired social worker. Hubby and I celebrated our 43rd anniversary a few days ago. Our daughter, son-in-law and four PRECIOUS grandchildren live far away so we don't see the but once a year.  That gives me a lot of time for art! 
I learned to quilt, knit, crochet, cross-stitch, embroider, and make stained glass after I was married.  However I had never picked up a paint brush to paint on canvas, create paper art such as cards, or do any type of mixed media/altered art until about a year ago.  I LOVE IT!  I feel so blessed to be able to have this time for me to finally express myself in ways I never imagined I could or would. 
You have no idea what an honor it is for me to be here today to share with you this project for Rhedd's Creative Spirit.  For the full story on this creation... Mr. Pygmy Bear... and to learn how he got his name... visit me at http://joiattheranch.blogspot.com/  


This was an old, worn out, forgotten breakable plastic statue that is approx. 9" x 14".  I redid his body with paint and the cliff he stands on with refinished with alcohol inks.  The base has lots of items gathered from around the ranch as well as a few little metal critter embellishments.  Mr. Pygmy Bear was sooooooooo much fun to make for you! 





Have a happy and creative JUNE.  Please send in LOTS of entries to this months challenge because I am VERY EXCITED to being able to leave personal comments for each of you. Big hugs. j.

This month our Teamies have created some stunning projects for your inspiration.....Remember to pop back on the 15th June to see Sandie's (aka Rhedd) mid month tutorial for her canvas below.


                                              Sandie (aka Rhedd)
                   Be sure to pop back on the 15th June for my tutorial.











An altered wooden box in peach and gold! Full on vintage...





Altered Cardboard Shipping Box




Please check our CHALLENGE RULES before uploading your entry....

Please note that some entries may not receive comments from the design team,  i.e. some Word Press Blogs where a password is needed, Instagram & Split Coast Stampers where we need to be a member.






8 comments:

Pamellia Johnson said...

It was my pleasure to be here Sandra, I so hope to get the opportunity to do it again! The design team creations are just brilliant as always and it's such a treat to see Joi here, I am a huge fan of her work and she has really rocked it with her altered bear! hugs :)

Chris CSDesigns said...

I always enjoy the inspiration shared by your team and it is so nice to see Joi as your Guest Artist this month, her projects are always so gorgeously stunning.
:) Chris / CS Designs

TangledBlueRose said...

Love all the amazing art this month! Always such great inspiration, thanks everyone!~kim

Nicola Jayne Saul said...

Gorgeous design team inspiration and entries too. xx

Pawsitively Creative said...

Stunning makes by the DT and wonderful job by Pam. Big congrats to Joi-your bear is awesome sauce!

Jess M said...

All linked up! Some amazing entries so far!

Margik said...

Fabulous DT inspiration!

Margik said...

Sorry! My entry has doubled. I haven't been able to remove the last one. Is this possible?